Revised Pennsbury Tournament Official Rules and Regulations
(All rules and regulations subjected to change)
- Teams should report to the assigned field 30-minutes before game time. Teams should exchange lineups 15-minutes before game time including names of available substitutes. Teams may play with 8 players, if a ninth player arrives after the start of the game, she will be inserted in ninth spot of the batting order, if not, an out will be recorded for that spot.
- Pre-game warm-ups will not be allowed in the assigned field’s infield and will only be allowed on the sidelines and outfield if the preceding game has been completed.
- In the event of rain, each team manager is responsible for maintaining contact with the tournament director. Not knowing the revised schedule is not an excuse for not being ready to play at the new scheduled time.
- The home team will be determined by a coin flip prior to the game at ground rules by the home plate umpire, line-up cards will be exchanged at the time. You may bat the entire team and have free substitution.
- Each pitcher will get 5 warm-up pitches the first inning of the game and 3 after that. The exception will be that a relief pitcher coming in during an inning will be allowed warm-up pitches if she needs them.
- The eight-run rule will be in effect, the game will be declared over as soon as one team takes an 8 run lead, provided the losing team has batted 5 times.
- If a player or manager is ejected from the game, they must leave the field area for the remainder of the game. If further action must be taken, it will be up to the discretion of the Tournament Director. The Tournament Director has the right to remove any player, coach, or team from the tournament.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed on the tournament facilities, nor will smoking be permitted on or near the playing fields or bench areas. No college players !!!
- USA Softball codes and rules.
- The time limit on games 80 minutes, finish the batter.