Pennsbury Tournament Official Rules and Regulations
(All rules and regulations subjected to change)
- Teams should report to the assigned field 30-minutes before game time. Teams should exchange lineups 15-minutes before game time including names of available substitutes. Teams may play with 8 players, if a ninth player arrives after the start of the game, she will be inserted in ninth spot of the batting order, if not, an out will be recorded for that spot.
- Pre-game warm-ups will not be allowed in the assigned field’s infield and will only be allowed on the sidelines and outfield if the preceding game has been completed.
- In the event of rain, each team manager is responsible for maintaining contact with the tournament director. Not knowing the revised schedule is not an excuse for not being ready to play at the new scheduled time.
- The home team will be determined by a coin flip prior to the game at ground rules by the home plate umpire, line-up cards will be exchanged at the time. You may bat the entire team and have free substitution.
- Each pitcher will get 5 warm-up pitches the first inning of the game and 3 after that. The exception will be that a relief pitcher coming in during an inning will be allowed warm-up pitches if she needs them.
- The eight-run rule will be in effect, the game will be declared over as soon as one team takes an 8 run lead, provided the losing team has batted 5 times.
- At the completion of each turn at bat, the team’s scorekeepers will check that they are in agreement any disputes will be settled by the umpires before continuing the game.
- There are to be no disputes over judgment calls. If any rule is applied incorrectly the manager has the right to protest before the next pitch is delivered. The protest will be settled by the Tournament Director or Assistant Director if the U.I.C. is not available.
- If a player or manager is ejected from the game, they must leave the field area for the remainder of the game. If further action must be taken, it will be up to the discretion of the Tournament Director. The Tournament Director has the right to remove any player, coach, or team from the tournament.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed on the tournament facilities, nor will smoking be permitted on or near the playing fields or bench areas.
- USA Softball codes and rules will be complied with as augmented by the above.
- Each team will receive one point for a win and half a point for a tie. Each team needs to report the score to the complex tournament official. If you fail to report your score, it will appear as zero.
- The limit on games is 9 innings. If at the end of 7 innings the score is tied, the International Tie-Breaker rule will go into effect. If the game is still tied at the end of 9 innings, it will be declared over and a tie.
- There will also be a time-limit wherein no inning may start after 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Bracket standings will be based on points earned. Ties will be broken as follows:
First tie-breaker: Head to head competition (in the case of a 3-way tie, this will only apply if one team has beaten the other two.)
Second tie-breaker: Runs given up in all games.
Third tie-breaker: Run differential in all games.
Fourth tie-breaker: Coin toss.
Each bracket has 8 teams. All Pennsbury Complex Teams will make playoffs that begin on Saturday at 3:00 PM. Team managers are responsible to know where these game are scheduled.